|
 |
| |
| |
Sunday, August 27, 2006 |
|
 |
|
 |
| |
| Saturday Night Out |
Last night was Bodhi Night. That is, a Buddhist-orientated event. Amy.C asked me if i wanted to go cos the love of her life asked her if she wanted to go (he was wrking as reception for the event). I was a bit reluctant to go at first cos well im not Buddhist, and thort it was a bit of an act of betrayal to my Christian faith. However, after talkin to Amy's love of her life, he convinced me that it really isnt THAT much of Buddhism stuff like worshipping etc. He ensured me that it was jst mainly acting and singing. To my disbelief, there were actually other Christians there too =O
Well i ended up goin with Amy. And i must admit, i wasnt disappointed...if nething, it was the opposite. The sketch was pretty funny...not enuff to make me laugh til i cry (tho Amy would beg to differ) but nonetheless funny. Then the singing...my gosh, Australian Idol portrays Asians as really crap singers but they should come see these Asians sing. Apart from the guy that sang 'Whatever Will Be' a bit off, they were all pretty good singers. The guys had deep sexy voices and the girls were amazing. And omg, the main piano guy looked kinda cute from afar...tho u kno wat they say 'good from far, but far from good'. Amy was gettin turned on by all the guys playin piano (we all kno ur secret fetish now!!! hahahaha)
After the show, me and Amy had fun teasing Stephen (cute and skinny! LOL)...oh and Amy, did u hav fun pervin on the love of ur life being in a suit??? hehe Newayz, i am glad we ended up goin babe...mayb we can go again nxt yr (so long as they never mention that there is no such thing as God cos thats wen i will get really offended! lol) But yeh, the morals they teach are good...if only everyone had that frame of mind, then there wouldnt be evil in this world.
__x [PeAcE] x__
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." |
| $éÑøЯiŦå Confessed @ 3:27 pm |
|
| 4 Comments: |
-
I don't think they ever mentioned that there's no such thing as God. They were definitely advocating the Buddhist way but they didn't jam it down your throat like some so-called religions would to try and convert people. I really like the morals they teach too. They are so simple but so hard to practice.
I can't believe you're referring to him as the love of my life! HAHAHAHA!!! That's hilarious! I could smack you though, coz you're misleading people! And yes, I did rather enjoy seeing him all suited up and suave. But you know I was pretty suave myself. ;)
-
well of course they didnt say theres no such thing as God, thats why im sayin i wana go there again nxt yr (and that i wouldnt wana IF they sed that). And u kno wat i was thinkin (in case u were referring to Christianity), they say there is only one GOD and perhaps only one Lord Jesus, but they never sed there couldnt be other Lord's like the Lord Buddha for instance.
Neway, i'll jst confirm to ppl then - he isnt actually amy's love of her life ok? hehe (but then, mayb he could be..guess we will find out) =P
-
hmm, i'd have to get confirmation but I'm pretty sure the bible says/implies there is only one Lord.
It's a good question though... requires further investigation.
Anyway it terms of betraying ur Christian faith... I would say that isn't the case at all...!! Its a good thing to challenge ur beliefs...not just believe it without actually, you know, thinking about it or whatever... i think if anything looking at other religions can strengthen ur faith...
-
Hence, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that "no idol in the world really exists" and that "there is no God but one." Indeed, even though there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth - as in fact there are many gods and many lords - yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist. 1 Corinthians 8.4-6
Jesus Christ is Lord- "Lord" means "rule over" (verb) or "person to whom one belongs" (noun)
So yeah, I suppose multiple lords/rulers is possible... but there is only ONE ruler of EVERYTHING. Other lords, if they exist, are limited... they rule over some things but not everything.
Well, that's what I get from the verse... but it's open to interpretation I guess.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
 |
|
 |
|
|
|
 |
|
I don't think they ever mentioned that there's no such thing as God. They were definitely advocating the Buddhist way but they didn't jam it down your throat like some so-called religions would to try and convert people. I really like the morals they teach too. They are so simple but so hard to practice.
I can't believe you're referring to him as the love of my life! HAHAHAHA!!! That's hilarious! I could smack you though, coz you're misleading people! And yes, I did rather enjoy seeing him all suited up and suave. But you know I was pretty suave myself. ;)